Visiting Perth - What to See and Do
(Perth Airport PER, Australia)
Perth is the capital city of the sprawling state of Western Australia and its wide expanses are brimming with natural wonders, making it one of the country's most popular tourist destinations.
Perth is a coastal city blessed with stunning blue rivers and sandy beaches on which tourists can enjoy year-round sunshine along with a number of historic landmarks and world-class attractions.
Ten things you must do in Perth
- Explore Perth on the Perth City Explorer Tram, a great way to see the city, with trams running regularly to King's Park and many of the city's top attractions.
- Take a walking tour of the city and visit some of its most important landmarks, such as London Court, Perth Town Hall and Government House.
- Enjoy the spectacular views of Perth and its surrounding areas on a helicopter tour.
- Learn more about Perth's rich aboriginal history on an Aboriginal Heritage Tour cruise along the scenic Swan River.
- Visit the impressive Allan Green Conservatory, home to an expansive collection of exotic plants and flowers.
- Take an exciting tour of Perth's Caversham Wildlife Park at night time and enjoy the rare opportunity to feed and observe the nocturnal activities of koalas, kangaroos, wombats and other animals.
- Drive the Cala Muunda Heritage Trail, an important path historically for a region with a strong tradition in the timber industry.
- Cast off at the Fremantle Fishing Boat Harbour near central Perth, which offers fishing trips, restaurants, cafés and fish and chip shops.
- Indulge your sweet tooth at the Margaret River Chocolate Company, which features demonstrations on chocolate making and a very popular sweets shop.
- Take the kids for a fun-filled day at the Calamunda Camel Farm in Perth Hills, a popular family attraction featuring camel treks, forest trails and other family-friendly options.